Why Graph Search Is Facebook’s Big Data Solution March 05, 2013
The Cost Of Too Much Data May 21, 2013
Marketing Fail: When Tech Does More Harm Than Good November 14, 2013
Predictive Analytics in Marketing: Customer ESP September 24, 2013
Account-Based Marketing: The Missed Opportunity? March 04, 2014
The Sales Leader’s Guide To Modern Sales Management February 27, 2014
The Ultimate Guide on Sales Management February 27, 2014
Get a Good Lead: Why Some Marketers Are Striking Out February 26, 2014
- dave brock
- social prospecting
- customer retention
- lead nurturing
- american business awards
- andrew somosi
- selling power
- lead management
- social selling
- work for lattice
- sales performance
- american association of inside sales professionals
- business banking
- hatami baumgartner
How To Evaluate Big Data Software For Your Sales Team
Data is exploding on all fronts, but we know that Big Data is more than just data. Many companies are sitting on this goldmine of internal data and external data without a plan or strategy to draw insight from that wealth of hidden information. Smart companies know that from this data come internal and external predictors of behavior. Responding to the crucial predictors can give sales reps the chance to identify the prospects who are ready to buy and focus their selling efforts on the valuable contacts.
Earlier this year, Shashi Upadhyay described that Big Data can democratize selling. Big Data helps to answer one of the most important questions a sales rep could have: How do I find the customers who are most receptive to my products or services at a given time? Some of the most successful sales reps have this innate quality to have a “gut feel” about this. Selling, simply comes natural to them. Big Data helps even the course in that it automates the following three habits or skills:
- Having a sixth sense about knowing where the right opportunity lies
- Saying the right thing
- Testing, learning and iterating
So what if you are ready to incorporate a Big Data strategy into your sales and marketing organization. With all of the tools available, how do you choose?
Top 4 Criteria to Evaluate Predictive Analytics Software
1. MOVE BEYOND RAW DATA: An effective solution integrates and transforms raw data – including internal and external predictors – into intuitive, account-level recommendations and talking points.
2. COVER THE FULL DATA SPECTRUM: Solutions that incorporate only external data are incomplete. Look for one that helps harness both internal and external data.
3. TAP INTO EXISTING CRM AND MARKETING AUTOMATION SYSTEMS: Evaluate how efficiently the solution’s data platform connects to and manages disparate internal and external sources.
4. ENSURE DATA ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS: Look at ten actual accounts to confirm the solution provides all necessary data in a timely fashion.
If you’ve experimented with Big Data for sales, we’d love to hear about your experience. Sound off!comments powered by Disqus