How to Succeed with an AI Implementation
There are a lot of differing opinions floating around about what artificial intelligence (AI) can and cannot do in a business setting. For every claim out there that AI will eliminate all human jobs, there is another claim that it’s merely going to enhance the way we interact with one another and increase engagement rates. I tend to fall in the later camp, especially as I’ve begun seeing the ways that AI platforms are improving our customers’ businesses. In fact, after having seen numerous deployments, Lattice has come up with a few key ways to ensure our customers have a successful AI implementation.
Know how AI will Impact your Business
It doesn’t matter whether AI has been a part of your sales and marketing organization for a while, or whether you’re just getting started – you should always have the answers to these 5 fundamental questions:
- What part(s) of our sales and marketing funnel are we trying to optimize?
- How does our use of AI align with this year’s goals?
- How will the launch of new AI-based segmentation tools impact the sales/marketing staff?
- Are our internal data and IT processes “ready” for AI?
- How do we measure success?
Now comes the hard part - how do you begin to answer these questions? Sometimes there is one person with all the answers, but often we’ve seen that these answers come from a committee. And that’s why it’s so important to build a true dream team that will support your AI implementation from start to finish. These stakeholders will help you not only answer these questions initially, but iterate on them as you deploy your AI solution and begin to achieve results.
Build your AI Dream Team
Answering these questions thoroughly doesn’t take a village, but you should involve key stakeholders from across your organization.
- Sales – Having front-line sales staff and management in these conversations will bring to light the workflow related nuances that can mean life or death for new sales tools. It is also important to ensure the sales team is excited to focus on the goals set forth using AI prioritization.
- Marketing – Does marketing have the content that aligns with the campaigns you will create? Does marketing know how targeted messages will change based on ABM strategies and the differences between the micro-segments of your target accounts?
- IT - Building specific AI-driven campaigns can only be enhanced by internal data. Does your IT team know which data is most important for this AI exercise? Moreover, do they know if it’s accurate and accessible when you need it?
- CRM – The CRM specialists will know what needs to be done to optimize your CRM workflows to include new processes and information driven by your AI products.
- A Good Project Manager – Let’s face it…these teams don’t often work all together on a regular basis, and may not even be located in the same office. The success of the project relies on an individual who is able to manage work streams cross-functionally and keep the rubber on the road.
How Lattice Helps our Customers Succeed
Lattice has been building these cross functional teams with our customers for years. We know that having all your teams aligned immediately can be the deciding factor between success and failure. For this reason, we kick-off new implementations with a Launch Workshop – a one day on-site event in which we coordinate activities with the stakeholders mentioned above. We help customers select their team ahead of time, and make sure they come prepared for the workshop. Customers leave this session having built the foundation of an AI deployment, including:
- A detailed deployment scope and timeline, including specific tasks for all of stakeholders
- API connections to Lattice products and data workflows
- An initial validation of internal data
- A list of starter campaigns to recognize value quickly
- A go-forward plan to operationalize and measure success
We’ve seen these in-person sessions reduce internal friction to go-live goals by speeding up the implementation of, and vastly improving the quality of, our AI driven solutions. Are you ready to get started? Reach out here if you’d like to start talking about your own AI implementation!