Straight Talk from CMOs Sales and Marketing Alignment
Improving Marketing Effectiveness: Marketing And Sales Alignment
According to Forrester Research, 92 percent of B2B organizations struggle with the challenge of aligning their marketing and sales organizations. The lack of marketing and sales alignment is a very real problem. A recent study from CEB uncovered that 87 percent of words used by marketing and sales to describe one another are negative. What’s more, 65 percent of sales leaders noted that their teams use less than half of the content created by marketing.
The business world has been focusing on marketing and sales alignment (or lack there of) for quite some time. It’s nothing new. In order to help drive marketing effectiveness and sales performance, we partnered with Steve Farnsworth to cut through the basic 101 information on how marketing and sales alignment can improve marketing effectiveness in order to focus on providing real advice from true marketing leaders. The output of that partnership is a content series I am incredibly proud of.
Straight Talk From CMOs: On Marketing and Sales Alignment goes live today. The content series contains a 30+ page ebook, videos and interviews featuring the following marketing leaders:
- Brian Kardon, CMO, Lattice Engines (video)
- Katy Keim, CMO, Lithium Technologies (video)
- Mike Volpe, CMO, Hubspot (video)
- Jon Miller, VP of Marketing and Cofounder, Marketo (video)
- Maria Pergolino, VP of Marketing, Apttus (video)
- Jascha Kaykas-Wolff, CMO, Mindjet (video)
If you want to get your copy of the ebook, you can download it here. Straight Talk answers the following questions (and more):
- How CMOs describe the current state of marketing and sales alignment?
- What steps should be followed when planning the marketing and sales alignment process?
- What are the biggest mistakes that can hurt the process?
- What are the most important metrics to ensure alignment practices are increasing sales and marketing effectiveness?
- What are the recommended practices for fostering marketing and sales alignment?
- What are the trends in marketing and sales alignment for the next 12 months?
Have a look at the complete ebook: